cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Request for comments: Moving to Spring 4 and Java 8
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:14:53 GMT
All,

It's about time to migrate master to Java 8 JDK and Spring 4. Please help review the following
PRs:

There are three outstanding issues that I need help and feedback on:

1. F5 plugin fails to build due to issue likely in the axis dependency library, I've disabled
it from the build now. Do we have a F5 developer/maintainer who can look at it.

2. Two unit tests failures due to Spring 4 migration:

com/cloud/vm/DeploymentPlanningManagerImplTest.java

com/globo/globodns/cloudstack/resource/GloboDnsResourceTest.java

Do we have anyone who can help fix the above tests? Deployment planner developers, or globo-dns
plugin maintainers?

3. In general, the end-to-end testing of plugins. There may be plugins which are not maintained
or used anymore, we need discuss how to deal with them moving forward. As a first step we
may want to start disable them from the build, especially those failing builds.

Comments, feedback? Thanks.

Regards.

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com