cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Moving to Spring 4 and Java 8
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 17:29:46 GMT
All,

We now have a PR where we're able to build, run and test CloudStack master with JDK 1.8 and
Spring 4.3. Special thanks to Marc-Aurèle Brothier for fixing the unit test issues.

The only outstanding issue is getting the F5 plugin to build, which I could not figure out
how to fix even with their latest jdk1.8 iControl library. I therefore request any F5 maintainers
to have a look and advise changes necessary to get this plugin to work with ACS master with
the PR: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1638

Otherwise, we would have to disable it moving forward if we've no one to maintain it or no
user(s) who may be using it.

Please provide your review, feedback and comments on the PR. Thanks.

Regards.

________________________________
From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
Sent: 12 August 2016 17:44:53
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Request for comments: Moving to Spring 4 and Java 8

All,

It's about time to migrate master to Java 8 JDK and Spring 4. Please help review the following
PRs:

There are three outstanding issues that I need help and feedback on:

1. F5 plugin fails to build due to issue likely in the axis dependency library, I've disabled
it from the build now. Do we have a F5 developer/maintainer who can look at it.

2. Two unit tests failures due to Spring 4 migration:

com/cloud/vm/DeploymentPlanningManagerImplTest.java

com/globo/globodns/cloudstack/resource/GloboDnsResourceTest.java

Do we have anyone who can help fix the above tests? Deployment planner developers, or globo-dns
plugin maintainers?

3. In general, the end-to-end testing of plugins. There may be plugins which are not maintained
or used anymore, we need discuss how to deal with them moving forward. As a first step we
may want to start disable them from the build, especially those failing builds.

Comments, feedback? Thanks.

Regards.

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
@shapeblue