cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com>
Subject RE: Hiding buttons based on role
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 00:34:04 GMT
Not elegant but will work. This is not a one off to a degree. It's for my own servers but I
will have at least 10-20 management server across the country in different zones  but this
allows me to "hide" some elements that won't be used until a more elegant way is created/available.

Thank you for the direction Will.

Regards,
Marty Godsey

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Stevens [mailto:williamstevens@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:29 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Hiding buttons based on role

If I was doing a one off solution for my own use case with a limited scope, I would do it
he following.

Apply a CSS class to the <body> tag which corresponds to the role. Then I would use
CSS to 'display:none' on the elements you want to turn off by referencing the body role class
(and keep the permissions applied so if they unhide it won't work).

It is not an elegant solution, but it will work.

On Aug 17, 2016 8:19 PM, "Marty Godsey" <marty@gonsource.com> wrote:

> Ok. Thank you.
>
> I think for the time being I will enable all the project APIs again
> but
deny access to create a project.. this way at least he API errors on page load go away.

> This is something I think would be nice to have in the permissions
> area
now since we have granular rules. A way to "turn off" certain areas of the GUI and/or ACS
functionality.

> Regards,
> Marty Godsey

to be adapted to account for a user's role. I don't think there has been work done on that
yet, but I could be wrong.