cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Koushik Das <koushik....@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: Few tables in cloudstack schema use MyISAM engine
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 11:55:58 GMT
I cannot think of any. Most probably in all cases the engine was not explicitly specified and
the default got used. As per below default was myisam before mysql 5.5.5.
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/storage-engine-setting.html

Thanks,
Koushik
From: Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com>
Date: Tuesday, 30 August 2016 at 4:23 PM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: Rajani Karuturi <rajani@apache.org>, Raja Pullela <raja.pullela@accelerite.com>,
Koushik Das <koushik.das@accelerite.com>
Subject: Few tables in cloudstack schema use MyISAM engine

Hi,

   Was there any specific reason that some tables in cloudstack schema use MyISAM engine.
I know of “ quota_account” that I created and put in the diff table type unknowingly.
I assume such is the case with other such tables – load_balancer_cert_map, monitoring_services,
nic_ip_alias, sslcerts.

Filed a ticket here to get this fixed or reason for not fixing it captured.

Regards,
-abhi

abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com