cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Murali Reddy <muralimmre...@gmail.com>
Subject Virtual Router : Marvin test gap analysis
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 07:03:30 GMT
All,

We (at ShapeBlue) did a gap analysis to figure if current set of smoke and component tests
sufficiently test the VR functionality for the regressions. I have posted the analysis at
[1]. I went through the test suites, and listed down all the tests that touch virtual router
functionality. There is listing of general observations on grey areas.

One particular area where there were no tests, was related multiple public IP’s from different
public IP ranges associated with a network. From 4.6, all the way to master only IP’s from
one public IP range (eth2 on the VR) is working, any network services  on the public IP’s
on eth3, eth4 etc on VR are not functional. This is a common use case and is broken for last
few releases. Bug in this area are reported [2] and PR is yet to be merged [3]. I will be
work on the patch to get this fixed in LTS. I have also added Marvin tests [4] cover multiple
public IP scenarios.

Given the flexibility and rich set of network functionality is CloudStack, we could catch
regression only if we have good test suite. If there are any other areas related to virtual
router functionality that you see there are significant gaps, please chime in share your thoughts
or add the the wiki.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Virtual+Router%3A+Smoke+and+Integration+tests+gap+analysis
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9339
[3] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1519