cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Smart <msm...@smartsoftwareinc.com>
Subject CLOUDSTACK-8682 StrongSwan
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:48:24 GMT
Hey guys,

I have been banging my head against VPN for awhile now on 4.8.0. I am
testing on OSX which according to bug Cloudstack-7821 is a won't fix
until the Virtual Router is altered to use StronSwan instead of
OpenSwan. I am looking to make the auth system for VPN more
sophisticated but before I look into that it seems prudent to ensure
that the VPN is actually working on the platforms I intend to use.

So I have been looking at Cloudstack-8682 and the associated confluence
entry (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Replacing+openswan+ipsec+with+strongswan+ipsec

). Does anyone know if someone is actively working on this ticket? I
cannot locate any updates in Jira about it after August of 2015 (unless
I am missing something due to inexperience with Jira).

If someone is working on it I would like to know who so I can offer to
help. I will tackle this one if no one is working on it. Just need to
know so I know where to begin.

Thanks,

--
Matthew Smart