cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Smart <msm...@smartsoftwareinc.com>
Subject Re: CLOUDSTACK-8682 StrongSwan
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 13:10:03 GMT
Can someone with a little more knowledge or access update Jira for this
ticket so that it links to the existing PR in some way? Should I just
put a comment in the ticket linking to it?

It seems, but correct me if I am wrong, that work on Strongswan has
stalled (last comment by original submitter was May 10th). Assuming that
is the case I am willing to pick it back up but would be very grateful
for any help people are willing to provide especially in interacting
with your testing rigs.

I succeeded in getting the dev environment setup and working to the
point where I can successfully build the systemvm images yesterday and
am reading through the testing info on the website today with the goal
of getting my local environment capable of running tests against my builds.

After reading through the PR comment thread my proposed plan is to use
that PR as a starting point but follow the advice in the thread by
moving to strongswan 5.x and altering the configs necessary to make that
switch. Once there, we see how NAT behaves and deal with the issues that
arise. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Matthew Smart
President