cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.9.0 RC1
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 18:33:10 GMT
Hey Will,

I was referring to the need to add:

db.cloud.driver=jdbc:mysql

db.usage.driver=jdbc:mysql

db.simulator.driver=jdbc:mysql

to db.properties when upgrading.

Asking admins to add this manually won’t give the impression of a ‘well-packaged’ product.
 And I suspect will end up like the manually encrypting vmware passwords step, which was required
for one upgrade, and now clients constantly ask us if they need to repeat the step, because
its carried forward to every upgrade note.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

From: williamstevens@gmail.com [mailto:williamstevens@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Will Stevens
Sent: 11 July 2016 14:10
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.9.0 RC1

Hi Paul,
Can you review the discussion here to see if it clears anything up: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1489#issuecomment-215479369

Can you help me understand what you are expecting the functionality to be and what you are
experiencing?

Thanks,

Will STEVENS
Lead Developer

CloudOps | Cloud Solutions Experts
420 rue Guy | Montreal | Quebec | H3J 1S6
w cloudops.com<http://cloudops.com/> | tw @CloudOps_

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 8:06 AM, Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com<mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com>>
wrote:
Guys,

Is it not possible to add the additional entries into db.properties when CloudStack is upgrading
rather than manually? If it is possible, then manually intervention is a -1 in my book.
Sure it's not a big fix required - but it's still required for CloudStack to work in a slick
manner.  We're trying to improve the user experience.

@shapeblue

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue