cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Roadmap for 4.x and 5.0
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 13:26:31 GMT
That sounds great. I'll get it added.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: marco@exoscale.ch [mailto:marco@exoscale.ch]
Sent: 01 July 2016 11:31
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Roadmap for 4.x and 5.0

Hi,

I can't edit the page but I'll be glad to put some effort for the V5:
- Live migration for KVM
- Improve logging using UUIDs (as I already did part of that for us at exoscale)

I'm in the process to add another feature we need: graceful shutdown of a management server
when running a cluster of MS. The goal is to send a "prepareForShutdown" command to one or
more MS and have them rebalance their agents to the ones still running so that no command
will be lost. Then there shouldn't be any downtime with any agent during an update.

Kind regards,
Marc-Aurèle

PS: Is there any architectural discussion going on on the Slack channel? I saw that the IRC
is not so active...

> On 01 Jul 2016, at 11:55, Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> There's not been much response to this, but I'll start clearing away the unclaimed items,
people can always add them back.