cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.9.0 RC1
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2016 12:06:39 GMT
Guys,

Is it not possible to add the additional entries into db.properties when CloudStack is upgrading
rather than manually? If it is possible, then manually intervention is a -1 in my book.
Sure it's not a big fix required - but it's still required for CloudStack to work in a slick
manner.  We're trying to improve the user experience.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Milamber [mailto:milamber@apache.org]
Sent: 10 July 2016 12:06
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.9.0 RC1

Hello,

My vote +1 (binding)

Tests are passed on a virtual topology of servers  (CS over CS)
(1mgr+2nodes+1nfs) :

1/ Fresh install of 4.9.0RC1 (adv net) on Ubuntu 14.04.4 + KVM + NFS : OK Some standard tests
with success (create vm, migration, HA, create networks, create user, create ssh key, destroy
vm, register template, create snapshot, restore snapshot, create template, ip association,
ip release, static nat, firewall rule) Some tests with cloudstack ansible module with sucess
too (create network, register templates, create vm, ip, firewall rule)

2/ Test upgrade from 4.7.1 to 4.9.0RC1 : OK with the same remarks than Wido (need to add JDBC
driver type in db.properties)

3/ Tests of all localizations of Web UI of 4.9RC1 : Localization works well except Spanish:
the Web UI won't display due of 2 localization strings with a escaped quote (from Transifex)
'label.number.of.system.vms': 'Número de VM\\'s del Systema',
'label.vm.state': 'Estado de VM\\'s',
Fixed in the PR1583

Perhaps add in the Release notes this 2 issues (jdbc type & spanish l10n)

Thanks to the RM.

Milamber