cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <john.burw...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Early LTS Initial Release
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 16:25:04 GMT
All,

Since LTS introduces a new release stream, I would like to propose that we cut the first LTS
quickly to verify that various aspects of the release cycle and version number dependent components
will work properly with the new release naming scheme.  It will also allow us to flesh out
distribution issues such as download locations (e.g. for system VMs) and publishing LTS documentation
alongside regular releases.  My thinking is that we would push an RC for this release within
a week of the 4.9.0.0 release.  If this additional release is acceptable, I will update the
release calendar to reflect the following changes:

    * LTS 4.9.0.0_1.0
	* Development/Testing: 1 week after 4.9.0.0 release
	* RC Voting: 2 weeks after 4.9.0.0 release
    * LTS 4.9.0.0_2.0
	* Development/Testing: From 3 to 9 weeks of the 4.9.0.0 release
	* RC Voting: 10th week after the 4.9.0 release

I apologize for the relative dates — we are still waiting for 4.9.0.0 to complete voting.

Thanks,
-John
john.burwell@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
@shapeblue