cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Early LTS Initial Release
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 08:15:36 GMT

> Op 13 juli 2016 om 18:25 schreef John Burwell <john.burwell@shapeblue.com>:
>

> All,
>
> Since LTS introduces a new release stream, I would like to propose that we cut the first
LTS quickly to verify that various aspects of the release cycle and version number dependent
components will work properly with the new release naming scheme.  It will also allow us to
flesh out distribution issues such as download locations (e.g. for system VMs) and publishing
LTS documentation alongside regular releases.  My thinking is that we would push an RC for
this release within a week of the 4.9.0.0 release.  If this additional release is acceptable,
I will update the release calendar to reflect the following changes:

>     * LTS 4.9.0.0_1.0
> 	* Development/Testing: 1 week after 4.9.0.0 release
> 	* RC Voting: 2 weeks after 4.9.0.0 release
>     * LTS 4.9.0.0_2.0
> 	* Development/Testing: From 3 to 9 weeks of the 4.9.0.0 release
> 	* RC Voting: 10th week after the 4.9.0 release

I am fine with 4.9.0 as a LTS.

But why a new vote for 4.9.0.0 as a LTS? Isn't that a bit redundant?

When we say 4.9.0 is good, what doesn't make it good for a LTS?

Wido