cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: State of the S3 secondary storage
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 15:26:51 GMT

> Op 19 juli 2016 om 14:38 schreef Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro>:
>

> Hello,
>
> Could anyone summarise the state of S3 (and clones) for secondary storage?
> I read at some point that it's the only secondary storage type supported inter-zone,
so it would appeal from a DR pov, but not sure how mature it is or if there are any serious
gotchas involved.

We have it running for our largest region (Amsterdam) with Ceph's RADOS Gateway as backend.
We had some issues, but they seem to be fixed after our latest patches.

You still need the staging NFS though, so that doesn't solve anything.

Wido