cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.9.0 RC1
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 06:47:41 GMT

> Op 11 juli 2016 om 20:33 schreef Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com>:
>

> Hey Will,
>
> I was referring to the need to add:
>

> db.cloud.driver=jdbc:mysql
>
> db.usage.driver=jdbc:mysql
>
> db.simulator.driver=jdbc:mysql
>
> to db.properties when upgrading.
>
> Asking admins to add this manually won’t give the impression of a ‘well-packaged’
product.  And I suspect will end up like the manually encrypting vmware passwords step, which
was required for one upgrade, and now clients constantly ask us if they need to repeat the
step, because its carried forward to every upgrade note.

Yes, makes sense. I filed a PR:

Wido

> Kind regards,
>
> Paul Angus

upgrading rather than manually? If it is possible, then manually intervention is a -1 in my
book.
> Sure it's not a big fix required - but it's still required for CloudStack to work in
a slick manner.  We're trying to improve the user experience.

> Kind regards,
>
> Paul Angus
>
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com<mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com>
> @shapeblue
>

> paul.angus@shapeblue.com
> www.shapeblue.com
> @shapeblue

tests with success (create vm, migration, HA, create networks, create user, create ssh key,
destroy vm, register template, create snapshot, restore snapshot, create template, ip association,
ip release, static nat, firewall rule) Some tests with cloudstack ansible module with sucess
too (create network, register templates, create vm, ip, firewall rule)

> 2/ Test upgrade from 4.7.1 to 4.9.0RC1 : OK with the same remarks than Wido (need to
add JDBC driver type in db.properties)

> 3/ Tests of all localizations of Web UI of 4.9RC1 : Localization works well except Spanish:
the Web UI won't display due of 2 localization strings with a escaped quote (from Transifex)