cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Cloudstack 4.9.0 RC1
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 13:44:23 GMT

> Op 10 juli 2016 om 14:06 schreef Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com>:
>

> Guys,
>
> Is it not possible to add the additional entries into db.properties when CloudStack is
upgrading rather than manually? If it is possible, then manually intervention is a -1 in my
book.
> Sure it's not a big fix required - but it's still required for CloudStack to work in
a slick manner.  We're trying to improve the user experience.

We could to this in the postinst of the RPM and DEB packages if we would really want to.

Wido

> Kind regards,
>
> Paul Angus
>
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com
> www.shapeblue.com
> @shapeblue

tests with success (create vm, migration, HA, create networks, create user, create ssh key,
destroy vm, register template, create snapshot, restore snapshot, create template, ip association,
ip release, static nat, firewall rule) Some tests with cloudstack ansible module with sucess
too (create network, register templates, create vm, ip, firewall rule)

> 2/ Test upgrade from 4.7.1 to 4.9.0RC1 : OK with the same remarks than Wido (need to
add JDBC driver type in db.properties)

> 3/ Tests of all localizations of Web UI of 4.9RC1 : Localization works well except Spanish:
the Web UI won't display due of 2 localization strings with a escaped quote (from Transifex)