cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [Feature Request] VM Snapshot based on KVM+Ceph
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2016 19:39:29 GMT

> Op 9 jul. 2016 om 20:48 heeft Lv Haijiao <luhaijiao@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hi,  Developers
>
> We deployed ACS+KVM+Ceph in our environment.  Everything looks fine except
> the VM snapshot feature (not volume backup) is missing in current ACS
> version.

You mean you can not roll back to a snapshot? Because taking one and downloading it should
work.

>   OpenStack can be in cooperation with Ceph well with VM snapshot
> enabled,  wondoering if we can have this on the roadmap as well.

If I want to to this I want to do it properly by having this support in libvirt, but libvirt
does not support this.

It will also take a lot of time to write and test and I currently do not have the time to
work on this.

Wido