cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] 2016-2017 Release Cycle and Calendar
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 10:02:45 GMT

> Op 4 juli 2016 om 6:57 schreef John Burwell <john.burwell@shapeblue.com>:
>

> All,
>
> Following up on a our discussions about LTS [1], post 4.9 releases [2], and 5.0.0/6.0.0
[3], I have assembled a release plan for the next 18-20 months in the wiki [4].  My original
proposal assumed by that 4.9 would be released by 1 July.  I have adjusted the timelines assuming
that we will complete the release by 15 July.  My thinking is that the number of defect fixes
present in 4.9 and 4.8.1 would require more than 2 weeks of work to backport to a 4.8-based
LTS.  Therefore, I have shifted the LTS cutoff dates from 1 Jan and 1 July to 15 Jan and 15
July.

> Once we gain consensus on the release cycle and calendar, I will cleanup the wiki to
move completed release plans to an archive area and remove obsolete release process documentation.

Looks good to me. It's time that 4.9 is released and shifting to July 15th looks good.

Overall your release schedule proposal looks good to me, so I'd say +1 on the proposal.

Wido