cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap for 4.x and 5.0
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 15:07:35 GMT
I added 2 columns to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Roadmap to
facilitate the discussion.

"Last Updated" can give the reader some idea about the currency of the
information.
"Comments" should allow some light discussion. Heavy discussion could be
a good indication that the item needs its own child page.

Please have a look to see if any of these tasks are yours and bring them
up to date.
If you think that a task has died, please at least add a comment or if
you are certain, delete the task.

Feel free to remove my questions from the comment field if you update
the task status.

The title of the page is Roadmap and it starts out "This is the roadmap
for CloudStack code development." which implies that there is some level
of shared commitment to implement these things within a timeframe that
would match users expectations for "soon".

A lot of the items do not have JIRAs.
Does this mean that they are so far out in the future that they are not
really relevant to a roadmap and should be moved to a "wishlist"?

The title also gives the expectation that this covers all of the major
enhancements in the foreseeable future.
Anything that is being worked on for 4.10 should be on this list by now.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President