cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Özhan Rüzgar Karaman <oruzgarkara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: long waiting times on routervm for savepassword and DhcpEntryCommand's
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 12:38:14 GMT
Hi Wido;

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:

> > Op 1 juni 2016 om 11:10 schreef Özhan Rüzgar Karaman <
> oruzgarkaraman@gmail.com>:
> >

> > Hi Developers;
> > I could find any answer from Cloudstack User Mailing list, i am
> forwarding
> > my mail to the development list, thanks for all answers who has
> experience
> > on high capacity virtual router usage.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Özhan
> >
> > Today i noticed that my vm creation commands takes a little bit long then
> > before. When i check the logs i noticed that router vm takes too much
> time
> > like 4 seconds for each savepassword and DhcpEntryCommands.
> >

> I checked this quickly on a VR in Basic Networking and I see the same.
> It's that it is executing Python code for every Instance which has to be
> provisioned on that VR.
>
> I don't know of a quick way to work around this however, this probably
> requires parts of that code to be rewritten.

This negatively effects new vm instance total creation time :( . When you
add new ip, it spends lots of time on parsing data on routervm's json cache
files so if you have more ip addresses or more cloudinit userdata, it
spends more and more time on that phase. It looks like parsing code needs
to be optimised.

@Wido do you want me to open a bug report on Jira about this issue, that a
developer who is responsible for this code could be aware & mention about
this problem and work on it.

Thanks
Özhan