cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <john.burw...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: 4.9/master Testing Coordination
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 20:01:08 GMT
All,

I had hoped to get testing off the ground earlier, but $dayjob duties have gotten in the way.
 Over the weekend, I am planning to kick off tests of the following configurations:

	• CentOS 6.8 management server + CentOS 6.8 KVM Hosts using NFS primary and secondary storage
(would allow us to verify/fix the documented libvirt/qemu versions)
	• CentOS 6.8 management server + vCenter 5.5u3d + ESXi 5.5u3b using NFS primary and secondary
storage
	• CentOS 6.8 management server + vCenter 6.0u2 + ESXi Express Patch 6 using NFS primary
and secondary storage
	• CentOS 6.8 management server + XenServer 6.2 SP1 using NFS primary and secondary storage
	• CentOS 6.8 management server + XenServer 6.5 SP1 using NFS primary and secondary storage

In each of these environments, I plan to run the following tests:

	• All smoke tests
	• Component Tests
		• test_accounts.py
		• test_acl_*.py
		• test_sharednetwork*.py
		• test_add_remove_network.py
		• test_advancedsg_networks.py
		• test_affinity_groups*.py
		• test_cpu_domain_limits.py
		• test_cpu_limits.py
		• test_cpu_max_limits.py
		• test_host_maintenance.py
		• test_memory_limits.py
		• test_network_offering.py
		• test_overcommit.py
		• test_persistent_networks.py
		• test_ps_domain_limits.py
		• test_ps_limits.py
		• test_ps_max_limits.py
		• test_ps_resize_volume.py
		• test_ps_resource_limits_volume.py
		• test_resource_limits.py
		• test_routers.py
		• test_security_groups.py
		• test_shared_networks.py
		• test_snapshots.py
		• test_ss_domain_limits.py
		• test_ss_limits.py
		• test_ss_max_limits.py
		• test_templates.py
		• test_update_vm.py
		• test_volumes.py
		• test_vpc.py

I will start this set, and may adjust based on success rates and runtime.

I hope to post results by COB, Monday (27 June 2016).

Thanks,
-John

john.burwell@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
@shapeblue

On Jun 20, 2016, at 4:31 PM, John Burwell <john.burwell@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I am working to coordinate some testing at ShapeBlue.  I send an update as soon as I
have the list of environment and tests we plan to run.

> Thanks,
> -John
>

> john.burwell@shapeblue.com
> www.shapeblue.com
> 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
> @shapeblue
>

> On Jun 20, 2016, at 8:27 AM, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com> wrote:
>>

>> Remi,
>>

>> The KVM VXLAN feature uses the standard BridgeVifDriver, as OVS doesn't support multicast.
>>

>> To reproduce this:
>>

>> Deploy 4.9 RPMS to Centos 7.2 installation, upgrading a 4.8 install.
>>
>> Restart existing VPC router pair for a established VPC.
>>
>> When VPC routers come back up, the guest tier (isolated) network is missing.
>>

>> If you deploy a new VPC, the same problem occurs.
>>

>> We have confirmed that the same problem exists on a non-redundant VPC router as well.
>>

>> David is working on reproducing this in a bubble. We have reproduced this on 2 hardware
labs thus far.

>> - Si
>>
>> ________________________________

Can you reproduce the scenario in the bubble (with its default vlan/bridgeVifDriver)?

>> If there is a clear scenario, I think we should write an integration test (even if
that shows it’s broken).

>> Regards, Remi
>>

>> On 17/06/16 22:47, "Simon Weller" <sweller@ena.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Here's a quick run down on the configuration(s) we're testing:
>>>

>>> Centos 7.2
>>>
>>> Advanced Zone with VXLAN on KVM
>>>
>>> VPC functionality including Private GW, VPN, Static Routes, ACL Lists et al
>>>
>>> Redundant VPC VRs
>>>
>>> Ceph Primary Storage
>>>
>>> NFS and S3 secondary storage
>>>
>>> As Will mentioned, we've found an odd issue with VPCs that we're still debugging.
>>>
>>> Here's a summary of what we've found thus far:
>>> When a tier is added, the network interface for the tier network is never plugged
by libvirt. You only get 2 interfaces (eth0 and eth1). eth2 is never plugged when you attempt
to provision the first VM within the VPC and the VM creation fails. If you have existing VMs
and you restart the router, you lose the eth2 interface in the libvirt configuration (confirmed
with a virsh dumpxml).
>>> If you leave the VRs alone after the upgrade, VMs can be provisioned correctly
(until you reboot the VRs).

>>> I did also run into the NIO SSL agent not connecting problem again. When I telnetted
to 8250, the agent immediately came up without me having to restart it. So keep an eye out
for that as well.

Will Stevens <wstevens@cloudops.com>
>>> Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 3:02 PM
>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: 4.9/master Testing Coordination
>>>
>>> Syed is looking into a potential issue with Swift as secondary storage on
>>> master.
>>>
>>> ENA is looking into a potential problem when upgrading a VR which was
>>> working in 4.8.0, but after an upgrade to 4.9.0 and restarting the network
>>> there are only 2 nics instead of 3.  If they spin a new VR from scratch it
>>> seems to work.  I need to follow up with them to see if they have an
>>> updated status of their testing.
>>>
>>> *Will STEVENS*
>>> Lead Developer
>>>
>>> *CloudOps* *| *Cloud Solutions Experts
>>> 420 rue Guy *|* Montreal *|* Quebec *|* H3J 1S6
>>> w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_

sign-on” functionality via the SAML data format. Under certain conditions, a