cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <john.burw...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: 4.9/master Testing Coordination
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:31:09 GMT
All,

I am working to coordinate some testing at ShapeBlue.  I send an update as soon as I have
the list of environment and tests we plan to run.

Thanks,
-John

john.burwell@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
@shapeblue

On Jun 20, 2016, at 8:27 AM, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com> wrote:

> Remi,
>

> The KVM VXLAN feature uses the standard BridgeVifDriver, as OVS doesn't support multicast.
>

> To reproduce this:
>

> Deploy 4.9 RPMS to Centos 7.2 installation, upgrading a 4.8 install.
>
> Restart existing VPC router pair for a established VPC.
>
> When VPC routers come back up, the guest tier (isolated) network is missing.
>

> If you deploy a new VPC, the same problem occurs.
>

> We have confirmed that the same problem exists on a non-redundant VPC router as well.
>

> David is working on reproducing this in a bubble. We have reproduced this on 2 hardware
labs thus far.

> - Si
>
> ________________________________

you reproduce the scenario in the bubble (with its default vlan/bridgeVifDriver)?

> If there is a clear scenario, I think we should write an integration test (even if that
shows it’s broken).

> Regards, Remi
>

> On 17/06/16 22:47, "Simon Weller" <sweller@ena.com> wrote:
>
>> Here's a quick run down on the configuration(s) we're testing:
>>

>> Centos 7.2
>>
>> Advanced Zone with VXLAN on KVM
>>
>> VPC functionality including Private GW, VPN, Static Routes, ACL Lists et al
>>
>> Redundant VPC VRs
>>
>> Ceph Primary Storage
>>
>> NFS and S3 secondary storage
>>
>> As Will mentioned, we've found an odd issue with VPCs that we're still debugging.
>>
>> Here's a summary of what we've found thus far:
>> When a tier is added, the network interface for the tier network is never plugged
by libvirt. You only get 2 interfaces (eth0 and eth1). eth2 is never plugged when you attempt
to provision the first VM within the VPC and the VM creation fails. If you have existing VMs
and you restart the router, you lose the eth2 interface in the libvirt configuration (confirmed
with a virsh dumpxml).
>> If you leave the VRs alone after the upgrade, VMs can be provisioned correctly (until
you reboot the VRs).

>> I did also run into the NIO SSL agent not connecting problem again. When I telnetted
to 8250, the agent immediately came up without me having to restart it. So keep an eye out
for that as well.

Stevens <wstevens@cloudops.com>
>> Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 3:02 PM
>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: 4.9/master Testing Coordination
>>
>> Syed is looking into a potential issue with Swift as secondary storage on
>> master.
>>
>> ENA is looking into a potential problem when upgrading a VR which was
>> working in 4.8.0, but after an upgrade to 4.9.0 and restarting the network
>> there are only 2 nics instead of 3.  If they spin a new VR from scratch it
>> seems to work.  I need to follow up with them to see if they have an
>> updated status of their testing.
>>
>> *Will STEVENS*
>> Lead Developer
>>
>> *CloudOps* *| *Cloud Solutions Experts
>> 420 rue Guy *|* Montreal *|* Quebec *|* H3J 1S6
>> w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Will Stevens <wstevens@cloudops.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The following tests are running cleanly on KVM with Advanced networking
>>> and 2 hosts.
>>>
>>> echo "Running tests with required_hardware=true"
>>> nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=${marvinCfg} -s -a
>>> tags=advanced,required_hardware=true \
>>> smoke/test_password_server.py \
>>> smoke/test_vpc_redundant.py \
>>> smoke/test_routers_iptables_default_policy.py \
>>> smoke/test_routers_network_ops.py \
>>> smoke/test_vpc_router_nics.py \
>>> smoke/test_router_dhcphosts.py \
>>> smoke/test_loadbalance.py \
>>> smoke/test_internal_lb.py \
>>> smoke/test_ssvm.py \
>>> smoke/test_vpc_vpn.py \
>>> smoke/test_privategw_acl.py \
>>> smoke/test_network.py
>>>
>>> echo "Running tests with required_hardware=false"
>>> nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=${marvinCfg} -s -a
>>> tags=advanced,required_hardware=false \
>>> smoke/test_routers.py \
>>> smoke/test_network_acl.py \
>>> smoke/test_reset_vm_on_reboot.py \
>>> smoke/test_vm_life_cycle.py \
>>> smoke/test_service_offerings.py \
>>> smoke/test_network.py \
>>> component/test_vpc_offerings.py \
>>> component/test_vpc_routers.py
>>>
>>> I need to do some more manual testing...
>>>
>>> *Will STEVENS*
>>> Lead Developer
>>>
>>> *CloudOps* *| *Cloud Solutions Experts
>>> 420 rue Guy *|* Montreal *|* Quebec *|* H3J 1S6
>>> w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_

functionality via the SAML data format. Under certain conditions, a