cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Timothy Lothering" <tlother...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Introducing Mukul
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 14:38:00 GMT
Welcome Mukul!

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Angus [mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 08 June 2016 3:42 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Introducing Mukul

Hi Mukul,

Welcome.  VirtualBox can't  virtualise VT-x so can't pass it through to the guest (nested)
hypervisor.
You can run XenServer in PV mode (but it's slow), KVM requires VT-x to be available so you
won't be able to start the KVM modules on you CentOS/Ubuntu host.
You need to use VMware Workstation or Fusion Or use a full hypervisor.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com