cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] CloudStack documentation
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 12:29:03 GMT
Removal of duplicate information as part of item 2 . Item 5 has this
implicitly.

Item 3 +1

"Marketing" information targeted at SMB market.

Ron

On 19/05/2016 6:54 AM, Dag Sonstebo wrote:
> All,
>
> since we've added CloudStack documentation to the discussion topics for the Montreal
meetup I wanted to gauge peoples opinion on areas of improvement.

> Personally I would like to see the following:
>
>    1.  Overall documentation navigation needs to be improved.
>    2.  Ideally all documentation should be under a single documentation tree with a single
table of contents. All content should be searchable without having to visit each of the current
documentation roots separately (Getting Started / Installation Guide / Admin Guide / Release
Notes).
>    3.  Advanced topics should be moved away from the "Getting Started Docs". The people
reading the getting started / concepts sections are typically new CloudStack users  who will
easily be put off by immediately being presented with advanced topics.
>    4.  API documentation to be a chapter of the Developers guide.
>    5.  Upgrade instructions to be moved from the release notes to the installation guide.
>    6.  Compatibility matrix in single location only – i.e. not in both the release
notes and installation guide as this has caused discrepancies in the past.

> I appreciate we are also working against multiple Github repositories which complicates
things slightly, but if we can overall improve the end user experience this is worth the effort.

--
Ron Wheeler
President