cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Lothering <tlother...@datacentrix.co.za>
Subject RE: Adding new host to existing cluster which has Fiber Channel storage as primary storage
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 14:03:34 GMT

that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.
-----Original Message-----
From: anil lakineni [mailto:anilkumar459.lakineni@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 03 May 2016 3:46 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Adding new host to existing cluster which has Fiber Channel storage as primary storage

Hi All,

Please some body guide me to add new host to existing cluster in CloudStack.

Host: XenServer 6.2
CloudPlatform version: 4.5

My existing cluster is configured with Fiber channel storage.

Now, i need to add new xen host to existing cluster.

I was able to add new host to existing cluster but the newly added host is unable to plugin
primary storage.

I followed below steps to add host,
- In XenCenter i added new host to existing xen pool
- Added host in the cloud platform UI
- After adding the new host in the UI to existing cluster, i can see UUID generated by cloud
to local storage.
- Now i cannot see the existing primary storage LUNs at newly added server i can see them
in old servers.

And we are seeing alert in cloudplatform UI "Unable to attach storage
pool15 to the host28"

Do i need to follow any procedure before adding in CCP to get storage mapped to new host?

Please suggest..

Thanks,
Anil.