cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [Discuss] New built-in templates for CloudStack
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 16:16:42 GMT
Hi All,

As it looks like we're losing download.cloud.com and going to have to write new database entries
for all of the built-in templates, I think that it's worth taking stock of the templates that
we're using and trying to consolidate them.

CentOS 5.3(64-bit) no GUI (XenServer)

CentOS 5.5(64-bit) no GUI (KVM)

CentOS 5.6(64-bit) no GUI (XenServer)

CentOS 6.4(64-bit) GUI (Hyperv)

CentOS 5.3(64-bit) no GUI (vSphere)

CentOS 7(64-bit) no GUI (LXC)

I think we should pick one OS and version and have that available across all hypervisors if
possible.  My criteria would be small, current, can support user-data and password reset and
is an OS *most* Linux people would be comfortable with.

Thoughts?

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ