cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Migrating CloudStack content from download.cloud.com
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 13:06:36 GMT
Raja,

As this effects every copy of CloudStack and CloudPlatform there ever was.  Please may I ask
how long we have to manage a migration away from download.cloud.com?

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

Regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Raja Pullela [mailto:raja.pullela@accelerite.com]
Sent: 16 May 2016 13:53
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Migrating CloudStack content from download.cloud.com

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the additional file details and I will request wido to copy these as well.

BTW, I agree with you there is every copy of CloudStack out there and reason why I have requested
Wido to download all the old files as well.  Looks like we missed few and get these uploaded
as well.

Please note that Citrix owns the “download.cloud.com” address and we have to get all the
CloudStack related content from there.  Once we confirm on the content move Citrix may choose
to remove the content from the location.

That said, I will get in touch with Wido again and do a complete copy such that we have everything.

Best,
Raja
Senior Manager, Product Development
Accelerite,
2055, Laurelwood Road,  Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
Phone: 1-408-216-7010,  www.accelerite.com, @accelerite

On 5/14/16, 7:12 AM, "Paul Angus" <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>Raja,
>
>I've just picked up on this.
>
>There are a number of URLs which are hardcoded into the CloudStack database for the small
built-in templates.  These are in just about every copy of CloudStack out there.

>http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/f59f18fb-ae94-4f97-afd2-f84
>755767aca.vhd.bz2
>http://download.cloud.com/releases/2.2.0/eec2209b-9875-3c8d-92be-c001bd
>8a0faf.qcow2.bz2
>http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/centos56-x86_64.vhd.bz2
>http://download.cloud.com/releases/4.3/centos6_4_64bit.vhd.bz2
>http://download.cloud.com/releases/2.2.0/CentOS5.3-x86_64.ova
>http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/centos-7-x86_64.tar.gz
>

>These will need copying and the CloudStack code updating to the new location.
>

>I don't think that you can deprecate download.cloud.com or it's contents for some time,
without causing a lot of issues for users.

>Hi,
>

>Short Term - all the content has moved to cloudstack.apt-get.eu
>

>Which sections to be modified?
>

>The Install Guide needs to be modified.  Sample links/details are
>mentioned below for 4.6 and same needs to be updated for other Released
>versions of Cloudstack documentation:
>
>http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4
>.6/management-server/#downloading-vhd-util
>
>Section - Downloading vhd-util¶
>

>What to do modified ?
>
>modify URL from
>http://download.cloud.com.s3.amazonaws.com/tools/vhd-util to
>http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/tools/vhd-util
>

>@Rajsekhar can you please update the sections ?
>

>Thanks
>
>Raja
>
>Senior Manager, Product Development
>
>Accelerite,
>
>2055, Laurelwood Road,  Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
>
>Phone: 1-408-216-7010,  www.accelerite.com, @accelerite
>

>Kind regards,
>
>Paul Angus
>

>Regards,