cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Question: commands.properties.in deprecated
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 06:00:17 GMT
Hi Mike and Will,

I'll update the admin-docs PR on this, if you take a look at the dynamic roles FS it has pointers
on how to deal with new API, what are role types (RoleType has existed since at least 4.3)
etc.

In short use the authorized field in the APICommand annotation to set default authorization
for a role type. The annotation has existed as old as 4.2/4.3 but it's not quite popular.
In addition to this, all release notes should include new APIs so admins if they wish can
disable any APIs enabled for a role type.

For example, if you want your new APIs to be enabled user roles you can set: authorized= {RoleType.User}.
Similarly, to enable for all, you can set it to: authorized= {RoleType.Admin, RoleType.ResourceAdmin,
RoleType.DomainAdmin, RoleType.User}.

Regards.

Regards,

Rohit Yadav

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: williamstevens@gmail.com [mailto:williamstevens@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Will Stevens
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:18 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question: commands.properties.in deprecated

I think this is the extent of the documentation at this point.

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-admin/pull/37/files

Rohit, maybe you can shed some light on this from a developer's perspective and how we should
be handling this going forward?  Are there official docs which covered how to use 'commands.properties.in'?
 If so, we should update them to reflect this new feature...

*Will STEVENS*
Lead Developer

*CloudOps* *| *Cloud Solutions Experts
420 rue Guy *|* Montreal *|* Quebec *|* H3J 1S6 w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_