cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Rae <i...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: Migrating CloudStack content from download.cloud.com
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 17:38:49 GMT
Hey guys, who controls apt-get.eu and given the (rather concerning)
level of dependency on the operation of the download.cloud.com - would
it not make sense to use a domain that is under the control of party
whose alignment with CloudStack will not shift. I hesitate to
implicate the red tape of Apache Foundation, but perhaps the fabled
CloudStack alliance organization would be a good way to handle this
long term.

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Raja Pullela
<raja.pullela@accelerite.com> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> trust me, it won’t be go away overnight.  We are talking to Citrix and requested them
to keep it active for another year.

> Once we have the content copied over (I will work with Wido and verify this) to cloudstack.apt-get.eu
and update the documentation (user guides update and create a wiki to show how an existing
installation can fixed to point to new URLs) we don’t have a dependency on “download.cloud.com”
– right?  sorry, if I am missing something here?   Please let me know,

> best,
> Raja
> Senior Manager, Product Development
> Accelerite,
> 2055, Laurelwood Road,  Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
> Phone: 1-408-216-7010,  www.accelerite.com, @accelerite
>

> On 5/16/16, 9:38 PM, "Paul Angus" <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>Thanks Raja,
>>
>>May I humbly suggest that someone at Accelerite speaks to Citrix about how long the
content will remain on download.cloud.com?
>>Simply losing the content on download.cloud.com overnight will make everyone look
bad

>>Kind regards,
>>
>>Paul Angus
>>
>>paul.angus@shapeblue.com
>>www.shapeblue.com
>>53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK
>>@shapeblue

 Not sure, if I understand you correctly, the move away from “download.cloud.com” is permanent.
 I don’t know how long the content on download.cloud.com will be up/available.

>>Based on Wido’s availability, we can get rest of the content to cloudstack.apt-get.eu,
hopefully, by this week ?    BTW, the content on download.cloud.com is left as is and will
stay as is until Citrix decides on what to do with it.

>>Best,
>>Raja
>>Senior Manager, Product Development
>>Accelerite,
>>2055, Laurelwood Road,  Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
>>Phone: 1-408-216-7010,  www.accelerite.com, @accelerite
>>

>>On 5/16/16, 6:36 PM, "Paul Angus" <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Raja,
>>>
>>>As this effects every copy of CloudStack and CloudPlatform there ever was.  Please
may I ask how long we have to manage a migration away from download.cloud.com?

>>>Kind regards,
>>>
>>>Paul Angus
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Paul Angus
>>>
>>>paul.angus@shapeblue.com
>>>www.shapeblue.com
>>>53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK @shapeblue

I have requested Wido to download all the old files as well.  Looks like we missed few and
get these uploaded as well.

>>>Please note that Citrix owns the “download.cloud.com” address and we have
to get all the CloudStack related content from there.  Once we confirm on the content move
Citrix may choose to remove the content from the location.

>>>That said, I will get in touch with Wido again and do a complete copy such that
we have everything.

>>>Best,
>>>Raja
>>>Senior Manager, Product Development
>>>Accelerite,
>>>2055, Laurelwood Road,  Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
>>>Phone: 1-408-216-7010,  www.accelerite.com, @accelerite

for the small built-in templates.  These are in just about every copy of CloudStack out there.

some time, without causing a lot of issues for users.

>>>DISCLAIMER
>>>==========
>>>This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property
of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual

>>DISCLAIMER
>>==========
>>This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property
of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual

> DISCLAIMER
of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual

Ian Rae
CEO | PDG
c: 514.944.4008

CloudOps | Cloud Infrastructure and Networking Solutions
www.cloudops.com | 420 rue Guy | Montreal | Canada | H3J 1S6