cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Raja Pullela <raja.pull...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: Migrating CloudStack content from download.cloud.com
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 17:32:52 GMT
Paul,

trust me, it won’t be go away overnight.  We are talking to Citrix and requested them to
keep it active for another year.

Once we have the content copied over (I will work with Wido and verify this) to cloudstack.apt-get.eu
and update the documentation (user guides update and create a wiki to show how an existing
installation can fixed to point to new URLs) we don’t have a dependency on “download.cloud.com”
– right?  sorry, if I am missing something here?   Please let me know,

best,
Raja
Senior Manager, Product Development
Accelerite,
2055, Laurelwood Road,  Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
Phone: 1-408-216-7010,  www.accelerite.com, @accelerite

On 5/16/16, 9:38 PM, "Paul Angus" <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>Thanks Raja,
>
>May I humbly suggest that someone at Accelerite speaks to Citrix about how long the content
will remain on download.cloud.com?
>Simply losing the content on download.cloud.com overnight will make everyone look bad
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Paul Angus
>
>paul.angus@shapeblue.com
>www.shapeblue.com
>53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK
>@shapeblue

Not sure, if I understand you correctly, the move away from “download.cloud.com” is permanent.
 I don’t know how long the content on download.cloud.com will be up/available.

>Based on Wido’s availability, we can get rest of the content to cloudstack.apt-get.eu,
hopefully, by this week ?    BTW, the content on download.cloud.com is left as is and will
stay as is until Citrix decides on what to do with it.

>Best,
>Raja
>Senior Manager, Product Development
>Accelerite,
>2055, Laurelwood Road,  Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
>Phone: 1-408-216-7010,  www.accelerite.com, @accelerite
>

>On 5/16/16, 6:36 PM, "Paul Angus" <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
>>Raja,
>>
>>As this effects every copy of CloudStack and CloudPlatform there ever was.  Please
may I ask how long we have to manage a migration away from download.cloud.com?

>>Kind regards,
>>
>>Paul Angus
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Paul Angus
>>
>>paul.angus@shapeblue.com
>>www.shapeblue.com
>>53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK @shapeblue

have requested Wido to download all the old files as well.  Looks like we missed few and get
these uploaded as well.

>>Please note that Citrix owns the “download.cloud.com” address and we have to get
all the CloudStack related content from there.  Once we confirm on the content move Citrix
may choose to remove the content from the location.

>>That said, I will get in touch with Wido again and do a complete copy such that we
have everything.

>>Best,
>>Raja
>>Senior Manager, Product Development
>>Accelerite,
>>2055, Laurelwood Road,  Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
>>Phone: 1-408-216-7010,  www.accelerite.com, @accelerite
>>
>>On 5/14/16, 7:12 AM, "Paul Angus" <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>>Raja,
>>>
>>>I've just picked up on this.
>>>
>>>There are a number of URLs which are hardcoded into the CloudStack database for
the small built-in templates.  These are in just about every copy of CloudStack out there.

>>>http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/f59f18fb-ae94-4f97-afd2-f8
>>>4
>>>755767aca.vhd.bz2
>>>http://download.cloud.com/releases/2.2.0/eec2209b-9875-3c8d-92be-c001b
>>>8a0faf.qcow2.bz2
>>>http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/centos56-x86_64.vhd.bz2
>>>http://download.cloud.com/releases/4.3/centos6_4_64bit.vhd.bz2
>>>http://download.cloud.com/releases/2.2.0/CentOS5.3-x86_64.ova
>>>http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/centos-7-x86_64.tar.gz
>>>

>>>These will need copying and the CloudStack code updating to the new location.
>>>

>>>I don't think that you can deprecate download.cloud.com or it's contents for some
time, without causing a lot of issues for users.

>>>Hi,
>>>

>>>Short Term - all the content has moved to cloudstack.apt-get.eu
>>>

>>>Which sections to be modified?
>>>

>>>The Install Guide needs to be modified.  Sample links/details are
>>>mentioned below for 4.6 and same needs to be updated for other
>>>Released versions of Cloudstack documentation:
>>>
>>>http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/
>>>4 .6/management-server/#downloading-vhd-util
>>>
>>>Section - Downloading vhd-util¶
>>>

>>>What to do modified ?
>>>
>>>modify URL from
>>>http://download.cloud.com.s3.amazonaws.com/tools/vhd-util to
>>>http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/tools/vhd-util
>>>

>>>@Rajsekhar can you please update the sections ?
>>>

>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Raja
>>>
>>>Senior Manager, Product Development
>>>
>>>Accelerite,
>>>
>>>2055, Laurelwood Road,  Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
>>>
>>>Phone: 1-408-216-7010,  www.accelerite.com, @accelerite
>>>

>>>Kind regards,
>>>
>>>Paul Angus
>>>

>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Paul Angus
>>>
>>>paul.angus@shapeblue.com
>>>www.shapeblue.com
>>>53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK @shapeblue
>>

>>DISCLAIMER
>>This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property
of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual