cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Burwell <john.burw...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving to Java8
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 21:17:56 GMT
Ron,

Upon upgrade, we will start using features and runtime classes/methods introduced with Java8.
 Therefore, it will become mandatory upgrade from Java7 to Java8 when adopting the release
with these changes.

Thanks,
-John

Regards,

John Burwell

john.burwell@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London VA WC2N 4HSUK
@shapeblue
On May 13, 2016, at 4:51 PM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:

> It would seem that a major version would be appropriate.
>
> I am not sure why someone could not use both Java 8 and Java 7.
>
> I have Java 3 versions 6, 7, and 8 available on my Windows 7 PC.
>
> I would have thought that Linux would be at least that flexible.
> Is it really not possible to run Java 8 on Ubuntu 14.04?
>
> http://tecadmin.net/install-oracle-java-8-jdk-8-ubuntu-via-ppa/ suggests that it can
be run on versions as old as 10.04