cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prat...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Number of NICs in VMWare - CS 4.6 bug?
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 11:11:02 GMT
It seems there is a limit of 8 NICS that Hyper-V will support for user VMS: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj680093.aspx

It seems CS-25155 is some internal jira ticket, do you know if the summary/extract can be
shared ?

On 06/05/16, 8:15 PM, "Octavian Popescu" <Octavian.Popescu@interoute.com> wrote:

>Adding a bit to this – it looks like it’s a documented bug, fixed in CS-25155 but
unfortunately I couldn’t really find much about the fix other than vague references, any
ideas how I could track it down?

>Thanks,
>Octavian
>
>On 06/05/2016 10:28, "Octavian Popescu" <Octavian.Popescu@interoute.com<mailto:Octavian.Popescu@interoute.com>>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>There seems to be a bug in CS 4.6 that prevents a VM running on VMWare from booting if
it has more than 7 NICs – the NICs can be added just fine until you hit the VMWare limit
(10) but on reboot it doesn’t start anymore until you remove them. Do you know if this was
fixed in 4.7 or 4.8?

>Thanks,
>Octavian

Regards,