cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving to Java8
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 20:50:37 GMT
It would seem that a major version would be appropriate.

I am not sure why someone could not use both Java 8 and Java 7.

I have Java 3 versions 6, 7, and 8 available on my Windows 7 PC.

I would have thought that Linux would be at least that flexible.
Is it really not possible to run Java 8 on Ubuntu 14.04?

http://tecadmin.net/install-oracle-java-8-jdk-8-ubuntu-via-ppa/ suggests
that it can be run on versions as old as 10.04

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President