cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack Logging
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:45:48 GMT
Thanks Will,

As far as I know anything sensitive is removed or obfuscated (vcenter password displayed as
h**********).  IP addresses and hostnames are shown.
Users may want to use a tool like SED to replace IP addresses or internal domain names
http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/remove-ip-addresses-from-log-files.204196/

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

Regards,

PaulĀ Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: williamstevens@gmail.com [mailto:williamstevens@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Will Stevens
Sent: 19 April 2016 16:40
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: CloudStack Logging

I like this initiative Paul.  I just wanted to check with you.  Do you know if there is any
confidential information like credentials or the like that is logged in the management server
log?  I thought we had done a push at one point to make sure no sensitive data was logged,
but I don't remember for sure.  I think knowing the answer to this will help people feel more
comfortable uploading logs.

Thanks for the valuable initiative...

*Will STEVENS*
Lead Developer