cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [discuss] CloudStack logging
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 15:30:31 GMT
The file in a running installation you want is:
/etc/cloudstack/management/ log4j-cloud.xml

It is generally dynamic - you don't have to restart mgmt. server, it just takes a few seconds
to kick in.

If you're looking at the source code, various components use logging - SystemVMs, KVM agents,
CloudStack mgmt. servers.
So there'll be multiple occurrences
As Koushik says, I think ./client/tomcatconf/log4j-cloud.xml.in is the one for the mgmt. server.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

Regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Chaz PC [mailto:dreeems4ever@hotmail.com]
Sent: 14 April 2016 16:01
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: [discuss] CloudStack logging

I am confused about the configuration file there two files one is named Log4j-cloud.xml The
other is Log4j-cloud.xml.in What is the difference between these two files ? I hope someone
Koushik Das <koushik.das@accelerite.com> </div><div>Date: 14/04/2016  6:49
log level can be set. It needs to be configured in the log4j.
Check client/tomcatconf/log4j-cloud.xml.in in the source code and you will get an idea.

-Koushik