cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Harikrishna Patnala <harikrishna.patn...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] baremetal router
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 09:10:38 GMT
Hi Daan,

Yes, this should run only in Virtual Router. Instead of moving it to existing “if” block,
better to have a seperate check only for normal router, since we don’t support baremetal
deployment in VPC.

Regarding the later question, with the current implementation I don’t think we can distinguish
whether PXE service enabled on the router or not, or we can also initiate this agent on VR
from management server using sshCmdHelper just before deploying the baremetal instance.

Regards,
Harikrishna

On 30-Mar-2016, at 5:26 pm, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:

> People,
>
> in the following code the baremetal-vr.py configuration script is started
> unconditionally, this means it will be started on ssvm and cpvm as well.
> but also on virtual routervms;
>

> CMDLINE=$(cat /var/cache/cloud/cmdline)
> router=$(echo "$CMDLINE" | grep -o  type=router)
> vpcrouter=$(echo "$CMDLINE" | grep -o  type=vpcrouter)
>
> if [ "$router" != "" ] ||  [ "$vpcrouter" != "" ]
> then
>   echo 1000000 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_max
>   echo 1000000 > /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_max
>   echo 1000000 > /proc/sys/net/nf_conntrack_max
> fi
>
> python /opt/cloud/bin/baremetal-vr.py &
>

> Does it make sense to at least move it inside the if block above so it is
> only started on routers?
> Or does anybody know how to distinguish that we are running on baremetal
> and guard for that condition?
>
> --
> Daan

DISCLAIMER