cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: anybody doing load testing?
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 14:06:48 GMT
Hello,

Of course, I use Apache JMeter! A great tool to make load test, and the
next version 3.0 [1] (currently in RC2 [2]) would be a nice version.

For heavy load test, you can create some JMeter scripts locally and
upload these scripts to some SaaS services [3] [4] [5] to hit your
target from the cloud.

Milamber (with my hat of JMeter PMC/RM)

[1] http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.0RC2/docs/changes.html
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/v3.0_RC2/
[3] https://www.blazemeter.com/
[4] http://flood.io/
[5] https://octoperf.com/

On 19/04/2016 22:05, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Before my current employer/job I worked at an A/B testing startup where I scaled their
geo-distributed data-acquisition/cdn servers to capture/serve each up to 50k requests/second
-- for internal network testing, we used wrk, ab, JMeter and we also wrote and ran a custom
tool, and for external (http/s) testing I've used blitz.io and loader.io. I've also heard
good things about tcpkali if anyone wants to do tcp load-testing, but I've never used it.