cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <RBerg...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: Slow remote debugging
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 21:24:24 GMT
IntelliJ is cool indeed. What’s even better, is that as an Apache committer you get a free
license ;-)

https://www.jetbrains.com/shop/eform/apache?product=II

Regards,
Remi

On 01/03/16 21:41, "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkowski@netapp.com> wrote:

>​Wow, Rohit - IntelliJ is super fast compared to Eclipse and NetBeans debugging over
my VPN.

>It's actually not just usable, but fast.
>

>Thanks!
>

>________________________________

Management Server over a VPN is that there are (I'm estimating here) like 500 threads for
the IDE to collect info about.

>Perhaps there's a way in one of these IDEs to filter what threads info is collected on?
I see in NetBeans I can view only certain threads at a time if I want, but I think this is
just the GUI filtering info that's already been collected from the server (so it's still doing
all of the hard work...and you can tell because it's still pretty slow - albeit usable).

>________________________________

m:      +91 8826230892<tel:+91%208826230892>

>e:      rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com | t: <mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:>
      |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>
>
>a:      53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden London WC2N 4HS UK
>

>[cid:image437633.png@b7900257.46806d47]
>

>Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India
trademark.
>This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the
use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely
you have received this email in error.

>On 29-Feb-2016, at 2:02 AM, Tutkowski, Mike <Mike.Tutkowski@netapp.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> As an FYI in case anyone else encounters this issue in the future:
>>

>> I just performed a bunch of CloudStack debugging using NetBeans for the first time
(I've never used that IDE before) and this debugging slowness does not exist in that IDE (NetBeans
8.1).

>> I suppose I will just switch to NetBeans from Eclipse.
>>

>> Talk to you later,
>>
>> Mike

my remote debugging from home (over VPN) with Eclipse has gotten ridiculously slow. I'm on
Mars.1 now for Eclipse, but Juno gave me the same experience.

Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>