cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <RBerg...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: user-data/meta-data
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2016 01:18:13 GMT
Hi Swen,

So you need an extra parameter with name ‘fqdn’. Does that simply also need to contain
the name of the vm or really the FQDN? Because I cannot see a FQDN set in the vm object and
if there is it would most likely be different per nic. Please let me know.

Regards,
Remi

On 11/03/16 14:39, "S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH" <s.brueseke@proio.com> wrote:

>Hi to all,
>
>I am testing cloud-init right now and run into a limitation of CS with the provided user-data/meta-data.
>
>As far as docu goes (http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/latest/virtual_machines.html#user-data-and-meta-data)
CS is providing the following meta-data:
>service-offering, availability-zone, local-ipv4, local-hostname, public-ipv4, public-hostname,
instance-id

>Actually it is providing more:
>vm-id (looks like an alias to instance-id), public-keys, cloud-identifier
>
>To get cloud-init to recreate /etc/hosts correctly one more parameter is needed.
>cloud-init needs to get the fqdn of the vm via meta-data. The name of the parameter is
"hostname", which is providing the fqdn of the vm.

>https://github.com/number5/cloud-init/blob/177cf3bb6690f9669a0a560c09ca5abbcbea964a/doc/examples/cloud-config.txt,
Line 441 to 445