cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Will Stevens <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Minimum Viable CI Integration
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 04:25:46 GMT
The latest version (0.2.0) of upr is now available...

All the details are in the README file of the repo, but the quick overview
of the changes include:

   - Added the ability to comment on a pull request (by PR number or
   - Implemented both S3 and Swift object storage backends for uploading
   files (tested with AWS S3, Cloudian (S3) and Swift).
   - Allow for automatic expiration of uploaded files to clean up the
   object store after a period of time (in both S3 and Swift).
   - Added the ability to override the default comment template with a
   local file (look at the current template for details).

Let me know if you guys have questions, comments or feedback on that...

Hopefully the apache infra guys will get back to me tomorrow so we can
better assess how we need to move forward.



On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Will Stevens <>

> Unfortunately this would only give us the ability to 'red light'/'green
> light' pull requests via a distributed CI environments. The reason I
> limited the request to this permission is because anything they give us
> will be global to the entire apache org and this permission is restrictive
> enough that we can't do damage elsewhere. There is a bit of history of them
> denying all requests of this manner, so I wanted to focus on our minimum
> viable use case, while limiting their liability, to improve our chances.
> You can follow the action here:
> They have officially said no at this point, but I have asked them to
> reconsider and asked them to provide suggestions for solving our problem.
> If they say no again, they will be doing so with the full knowledge that
> the decision leaves us with our hands tied and we have exhausted our
> official options through them.
> If we end up in this situation, we will have to get creative and I suspect
> that will result in some activities moving outside the Apache repo. I have
> not gone there (yet) since I feel that will need to be voted on in an
> official thread of its own before we make a decision like that.
> Feedback and suggestions are very welcome.
> I am finalizing the 'comment' functionality in my tool 'upr' this weekend,
> so that could give us some limited options. I will try to push a release
> later tonight. It is all written and functional now, just need to clean up
> the documentation and examples.

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message