cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH <s.brues...@proio.com>
Subject AW: AW: user-data/meta-data
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:17:10 GMT
Hi Remi,

the goal is that cloud-init is able to recreate a correct /etc/hosts file. Right now this
is not possible at least on Debian 8 with cloud-init 0.7.7 (installed from jessie-backport).

The problem is: cloud-init cannot create a correct fqdn because of missing var in meta-data.
Correct fqdn should be hostname (name of instance) and network name in CS. dhcp is providing
the correct values, but cloud-init is not getting the values out of dhcp.

Right now a rewriten /etc/hosts (hostname is "d8-ci") by cloud-init looks like this:

127.0.1.1 d8-ci.localdomain d8-ci
127.0.0.1 localhost

::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

You see in the first line that it uses "localdomain" as domain name, but it should use the
name of the network in CS, right?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen