cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Bharat Kumar <bharat.ku...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] PR testing process
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 05:24:53 GMT
Hi Sanjeev,

working other piece currently, I have not stared on it.

Thanks,
Bharat.

> On 31-Mar-2016, at 10:35 AM, Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelarapu@accelerite.com>
wrote:

> Hi Bharat,
>
> Just wanted to check if the CI is still getting the code from the PR branch or from the
latest master?

> Best Regards,
> Sanjeev N
> Chief Product Engineer, Accelerite

branch later on anyway so the author must rebase against the base branch first. No need spending
test cycles on that.

> Most likely github already reports that PR as 'unstable' so you could also check for
that.

> Regards, Remi
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 28 Mar 2016, at 09:28, Bharat Kumar <bharat.kumar@accelerite.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sanjeev,
>>
>> Thanks for bringing this up.
>>
>> This is happening because the PR code and the master have deviated since the pr has
been created(assuming that PR was rebased with master at the time of creation)  and we start
testing it. Ideally we should start testing as soon as the pr is created but due to hardware
limitation we have to queue the PRs for testing.

>> One way of fixing this would be to merge the PR with master before testing, If the
merge fails we post a comment on the PR and skip testing it, until it can me merged.

>> We need to make sure that all the PR we create can be merged to master without conflicts.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bharat.
>>

>> On 28-Mar-2016, at 12:35 PM, Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelarapu@accelerite.com<mailto:sanjeev.neelarapu@accelerite.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently CI is picking the code from the PR branch, which may or may not be rebased
with latest master. This is causing test failures even though they were fixed in latest master.
>> e.g.: test_vpc_site2site_vpn.
>> Error Message
>> local variable 'vm1' referenced before assignment.
>>
>> There were few issues with this test suite which were fixed in master. However, we
don't see these changes in some of the PR branches.

>> Any thoughts on how to overcome this?
>>

>> Best Regards,
>> Sanjeev N
>> Chief Product Engineer, Accelerite
>> Off: +91 40 6722 9368 | EMail: sanjeev.neelarapu@accelerite.com<mailto:sanjeev.neelarapu@accelerite.com>
>>

>> DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information
which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all
copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability
for virus infected mails.