cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <RBerg...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: AW: user-data/meta-data
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 10:33:50 GMT
Hi Swen,

That depends on what exactly needs to be changed. So if you could gather that and let us know,
I’ll have a look and otherwise we’ll ask someone else. A good description of what we need
to have helps a lot so thanks for figuring that out.

Regards,
Remi

On 14/03/16 09:14, "S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH" <s.brueseke@proio.com> wrote:

>Hi Remi,
>
>as far as I understand the documentation correctly cloud-init uses a var called "hostname"
(at least in EC2) which contains the full fqdn.
>Please take a look at https://github.com/number5/cloud-init/blob/177cf3bb6690f9669a0a560c09ca5abbcbea964a/doc/examples/cloud-config.txt,
Line 441 to 445

>To me it would make more sense to provide a var called "fqdn" instead, because CoreOS
is using this var in the YAML-File. I need to take a look at the cloud-init code of the latest
version to confirm.

>Could you provide new code for user-data/meta-data?
>
>Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,
>
>Swen

the name of the vm or really the FQDN? Because I cannot see a FQDN set in the vm object and
if there is it would most likely be different per nic. Please let me know.

>Regards,
>Remi
>

>On 11/03/16 14:39, "S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH" <s.brueseke@proio.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi to all,
>>
>>I am testing cloud-init right now and run into a limitation of CS with the provided
user-data/meta-data.

>>As far as docu goes (http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/latest/virtual_machines.html#user-data-and-meta-data)
CS is providing the following meta-data:
>>service-offering, availability-zone, local-ipv4, local-hostname,
>>public-ipv4, public-hostname, instance-id
>>
>>Actually it is providing more:
>>vm-id (looks like an alias to instance-id), public-keys,
>>cloud-identifier
>>
>>To get cloud-init to recreate /etc/hosts correctly one more parameter is needed.
>>cloud-init needs to get the fqdn of the vm via meta-data. The name of the parameter
is "hostname", which is providing the fqdn of the vm.

>>https://github.com/number5/cloud-init/blob/177cf3bb6690f9669a0a560c09ca
>>5abbcbea964a/doc/examples/cloud-config.txt, Line 441 to 445
>>
>>Does anybody plan to integrate this into CS?
>>
>>Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,
>>
>>Swen
>>

>>- proIO GmbH -
>>Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
>>Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main
>>
>>USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
>>Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239
>>
>>Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen.
>>Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich
>>erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese
Mail.