cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Question on compatibility matrix
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 07:58:28 GMT
Hi Sadhu,

Thanks for confirming.

Regards.

> On 08-Mar-2016, at 5:35 AM, Suresh Sadhu <suresh.sadhu@accelerite.com> wrote:
>
> Yes you are right " that was done because that specific version/patch was the latest
available release at the time?" it should work with previous releases(patches) as well.

> Regards
> Sadhu

it was from the CloudPlatform 4.5 release notes.
> I never really tested  ACS with VMware so I cannot really comment on which version is
required.

> Anyone else would have an idea?
>
> Thanks
>

> On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Pierre-Luc, (+dev@)
>
> Hope you're doing great. I've a question around compatibility matrix and since you’ve
been maintaining the docs I thought perhaps you may have an answer.

> Refer: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.5.2/compat.html
>
> I see that the VMware version supported is set to "5.0 update 3a". Any reason why we
support only "3a" and not previous 5.0 updates such as update1 etc.? Or, maybe that was done
because that specific version/patch was the latest available release at the time?

> Appreciate if anyone can share if they are running VMware 5.0 with ACS 4.5.x. Thanks.
>
> Regards.
>

> <image35189b.png@a6129052.png><http://www.shapeblue.com/>
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect      ,       ShapeBlue
>

> d:       | s: +44 203 603 0540<tel:%7C%20s:%20+44%20203%20603%200540>    |
 m:      +91 8826230892<tel:+91%208826230892>

> e:      rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com | t: <mailto:rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com%20%7C%20t:>
    |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/>
>
> a:      53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden London WC2N 4HS UK
>

> <image426c64.png@1e44e412.png>
>

> Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India
trademark.
you have received this email in error.

Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>

> Regards.
>
> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services:
| CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/> | CloudStack
Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>

> DISCLAIMER
of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual

Regards.

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//> |
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/> | CloudStack Software