cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkow...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: Slow remote debugging
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 20:41:49 GMT
​Wow, Rohit - IntelliJ is super fast compared to Eclipse and NetBeans debugging over my VPN.

It's actually not just usable, but fast.

Thanks!

________________________________
From: Tutkowski, Mike
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 12:27 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Slow remote debugging

Thanks for the suggestion, Rohit!

I think one problem we have, though, with regards to remotely debugging the CloudStack Management
Server over a VPN is that there are (I'm estimating here) like 500 threads for the IDE to
collect info about.

Perhaps there's a way in one of these IDEs to filter what threads info is collected on? I
see in NetBeans I can view only certain threads at a time if I want, but I think this is just
the GUI filtering info that's already been collected from the server (so it's still doing
all of the hard work...and you can tell because it's still pretty slow - albeit usable).