cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrig...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject [Proposal] Concerning open PRs
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 07:38:12 GMT
Hi all,

It’s been a long time, but the Wolverine is not dead yet. ;)

Currently we have 175 opened PRs, which we all agree to be a lot, given the fact that few
people, if any, are testing/merging them. I have been a bit off the radar, but from next week
I will start helping to get some of those PRs tested and, hopefully, merged.

In order to get the community working as an unit, I would like to propose the following:

* One should only create a PR after testing an existing PR.
  - By testing I mean… testing. Not just looking into it and saying “LGTM”. Manual tests
should also count, with screenshots attached to the PR.

That will make those with test environment pitch in and help, and in addition might also decrease
the frenzy for creating PRs which occasionally won’t be tested within a month time - or
longer.

For others not creating PRs that often, like me, we should help testing at least 1 PR per
week.

Being a bit more blunt now, if a PR is created but the person does not contribute with testing
an existing one, the new PR should be closed.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Wilder