cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Pesky volume snapshot schedule
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 09:23:45 GMT
Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me investigate and fix the issue that I am having with one
of the volume snapshots schedules. I am running ACS version 4.6.2 on Ubuntu 14.04 with latest
updates, etc.

I've got a 200 gig vm root disk image which I am snapshotting on a daily basis. I've created
the schedule to take a snapshot at 9:30pm every day and keeping 8 snapshots. The schedule
is executing and the image is being snapshotted and placed on the nfs secondary storage. However,
ACS does not remove the old snapshots at all and I am ending up with dozens and dozens of
snapshots of this particular volume. I have to manually remove them to keep the secondary
storage from filling up. The problem is with this particular volume. I've got several other
daily snapshots schedules which are working perfectly well and their clean up works well as
well.

I've compared db values for this particular volume with other volumes and I can't find any
difference apart from the disk size. The db values for the schedule are also correct and look
similar to a properly working schedule (apart from the start time). I've also tried to remove
the schedule and create a new one at no avail.

Could someone help me fix the issue?

Many thanks

Andrei