cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkow...@netapp.com>
Subject Re: Slow remote debugging
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 01:02:13 GMT
Hi,

As an FYI in case anyone else encounters this issue in the future:

I just performed a bunch of CloudStack debugging using NetBeans for the first time (I've never
used that IDE before) and this debugging slowness does not exist in that IDE (NetBeans 8.1).

I suppose I will just switch to NetBeans from Eclipse.

Talk to you later,

Mike

________________________________
From: Tutkowski, Mike
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:33 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Slow remote debugging

Hi,

I can't put my finger exactly on when this started happening; however, at some point, my remote
debugging from home (over VPN) with Eclipse has gotten ridiculously slow. I'm on Mars.1 now
for Eclipse, but Juno gave me the same experience.

When I'm in the office, everything works quickly (just like it used to from home).

At home, it can take minutes to attach to the remote JVM running the CSMS.

When I hit a breakpoint and then resume to run to another breakpoint, it can also take minutes.

I've done a fair amount of searching on the web for solutions, but none of them have worked.

My internet speed is good: 38.61 Mbps download and 72.33 Mbps upload (just checked a moment
ago).

Has anyone else experienced such issues? If so, how have you solved them?

Thanks!

Mike