cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mike.Tutkow...@netapp.com>
Subject Questions: Volume snapshots
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 21:00:50 GMT
Hi,

In the process of developing a form of volume snapshots that are stored on primary storage
(for managed storage only), I have noticed a couple things about (traditional) volume snapshots
that perhaps one of you may be able to answer.

1) After deleting a volume snapshot, I notice the cloud.snapshots.removed cell for the applicable
row is still set to null. I assume this is a bug? The cloud.snapshots.status cell for this
row is set to Destroyed, so perhaps this is all we look at.

2) When we take a volume snapshot on XenServer, we take a hypervisor snapshot of the applicable
virtual disk and copy it to secondary storage.

When we delete the volume snapshot, the hypervisor snapshot of that virtual disk does not
get deleted (even when no more volume snapshots exist for the volume in question). Seems like
a bug perhaps?

Thanks,

Mike