cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Minor releases!
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 16:21:59 GMT

>> We can not even tell users which releases are still maintained and
>> getting fixes, even how long the latest release gets fixes...
>
> Why can’t we tell them? Because we go faster now? I’m sure we can explain it.

I do think we are in a bit of temporary "murky" zone.

We have folks still on 4.4 (and most likely much further), Rohit is still maintaing 4.5.x

and now we have 4.6, 4.6.2, 4.7.0 and 4.8.0 is coming.

I think we should write a "release strategy" and even make a PR about it.

Ultimately everyone needs to upgrade to 4.6.0 and then it *should* be continuous/linear upgrade,
because every commit that might go into a minor is in the next major.

and FWIW, Kubernetes which I monitor closely, releases on github minors almost daily and yes
it's tough to keep up.
As a matter of fact I think every couple commits there is a minor release.