cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move to Github
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 11:43:53 GMT

> On Jan 11, 2016, at 11:15 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:
>

> On 11-01-16 10:56, sebgoa wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 11, 2016, at 10:51 AM, Rene Moser <mail@renemoser.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sebastien

us from building more productive CI workflow and makes the life of the RM more difficult (cannot
use labels, cannot use issues, cannot configured triggers/hooks etc). ...

>>> Out of curiosity, it seems the main problem is that we are using the
>>> apache account of github.
>>
>> indeed
>>

>>> Why don't we create an own one?
>>>
>>> e.g. github.com/cloudstackdev
>>>

>> we do have github.com/cloudstack already
>>
>>> --> PR merge on  github.com/cloudstackdev
>>> --> hook to jenkins job pushing it to git http://git.apache.org
>>> --> will be mirrored to https://github.com/apache/cloudstack
>>>
>>> Did I miss anything why this would not be possible?
>>>

>> this is exactly what "moving to github" would mean.
>>
>> if we agree to do this, we then need to work with infra and the board to make sure
everything is ok in terms of provenance and that it does not "break" our ASF "commitment"

> We can always change the bylaws and make GPG keys for commits mandatory?
> That way we can always prove who made the commit.

I have tested this and participated in a test with another ASF member, apparently the board
did not think that was enough.

>>> The only thing would be that we can not push to http://git.apache.org
>>> directly anymore.
>>>
>>> Regards